KidsAbility Spring and Summer Program Guides
Bill 191- Waterloo Region FASD Action Group Writes to the Minister of EducationFebruary 22, 2018
Please take a moment and consider expressing your support to your local MPP. Bill 191 will ensure educators are equipped with information about teaching and supporting students with FASD.
Ontario Government Provides Funding for Children, Youth and Families- 2017 BudgetApril 28, 2017
Ontario is investing $26 million over four years to expand support for children, youth and families affected by FASD. To increase awareness of the disorder and how it can be prevented, Ontario is supporting six initiatives that will:
- Create one-stop access to information/training resources;
- Provide funding for 56 FASD workers to support approximately 2,500 Ontarians with FASD;
- Support parent support networks;
- Increase access to FASD initiatives developed by Indigenous partners;
- Establish a consultation group to provide advice and feedback to inform implementation planning and prioritization of efforts; and
- Create a research fund and invest in knowledge mobilization.
These initiatives will help reduce the prevalence of the disorder, increase coordination of services, improve the quality of life for those with FASD, and enhance support for families and caregivers.
Letter to the Premier of Ontario Requesting Update on Provincial FASD StrategyJanuary 18, 2017
The Waterloo Region FASD Action Group has penned a letter to the Ontario Premier asking for an update on the promised Provincial FASD Strategy.
Waterloo Region's First Plan to Address FASDSeptember 9, 2016
The Waterloo Region FASD Action Group has developed a plan to address FASD.
Medic Alert Bracelet Identifies Those with FASDAugust 31, 2016